vCPE-OS Open Carrier Class Operating System for NetworkEdge Virtualization
Open Carrier-Class Operating System for Network Edge Virtualization
- Linux-based, carrier-class operating system for vCPE applications with open management interfaces
- Consolidation of advanced transport/networking and NFV infrastructure
- Integrated networking capabilities, secure tunneling/VPN • Service assurance for virtual and physical functionality
- Inherent support of pluggable PNFs
Part of RAD’s vCPE solutions, vCPE-OS runs on any white box server and can be preloaded in RAD’s virtual CPE (vCPE) platforms. It combines powerful networking capabilities with virtualization for hosting SD-WAN and any other value added virtual network function (VNF) applications from multiple vendors.
MARKET SEGMENTS AND APPLICATIONS FOR RAD vCPE-OS
RAD vCPE-OS includes standard KVM hypervisor and OpenStack compute node
to support third-party applications. Supported applications include:
- SD-WAN – Software-defined control of WAN connections with secure overlay tunnels for business services
- Router – Virtual router for hosted public clouds and branch CPE deployments
- Cryptography – Standard AES 256-bit cipher encryption/decryption of L2-L4 traffic
- Firewall – Unified threat management for provider-managed SMB services
- Session Border Controller (SBC) – Manages VoIP signaling and media flows
- Packet Analyzer – Troubleshooting-ondemand from the customer edge using a packet sniffer VF
- WAN Optimization – Eliminates content duplication, handles compression, and optimizes latency Additional applications are available via RAD’s D-NFV Alliance, an ecosystem of network orchestrator and VNF vendors, as well as international system integrators specializing in new precertified NFV/vCPE applications.
INTEROPERABILITY OF RAD vCPE-OS
vCPE-OS has an open management platform, and easily integrates with standards-based SDN controllers, orchestrators, and operations/business support systems (OSS/BSS) from major providers.
CARRIER CLASS The vCPE-OS carrier class virtualization and networking experience is achieved by:
- A comprehensive management and security suite
- Zero Touch Provisioning ( ZTP )
- Rich service assurance capabilities
- Scalable and mass-deployment operational services
MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY
Comprehensive management suite includes NETCONF/YANG, CLI, Syslog, and alarms.
Security features include SNMPv3, SSH, SFTP, Access Control, RADIUS (client authentication), and TACACS+.
vCPE-OS can be managed by RADview. This provides NMS tools, Performance Monitoring portal, and D-NFV Orchestrator.
D-NFV Orchestrator provides the function of Controller located on the cloud. Controller manages the edge device’s VNF resources, such as compute, storage, and network capabilities. Controller is also responsible for controlling the deployment of VNF instances.
Applications for the vCPE-OS from RAD
vCPE-OS is suitable for a wide range of single- and multitenant applications, including pCPE, uCPE, and private and public data centers. It allows for remote and agile deployment of value-added services with D-NFV Orchestrator. Open NFV/SDN architecture facilitates integration with network-wide orchestrators/controllers.
VCPE-OS-LIC License for a vCPE-OS instance
OPTIONAL RAD ACCESSORIES
ETX-2v Open vCPE White Box Platform
MiCLK 1588 Grandmaster on an SFP with Built-in GNSS
MiNID Miniature Programmable Network Interface Device
MiRICi-E1/T1 Smart SFP Ethernet to E1/T1 Remote Bridges
MiRICi-E3/T3 Smart SFP Ethernet to E3/T3 Remote Bridges
MiTOP-E1/T1 Smart SFP-Format TDM 1/T1 Pseudowire Gateways
MiTOP-E3/T3 Smart SFP-Format TDM E3/T3 Pseudowire Gateways
SFP-VDSL-2W VDSL2 SFP for Any-PHY Platform
SFP-GPON-1DH GPON Optical Network Terminal
Data sheet for RAD vCPE-OS